You are currently viewing UPCOMING RED LINE METRO BUS IN KARACHI

UPCOMING RED LINE METRO BUS IN KARACHI

With the largest population, Karachi Metropolitan has traffic hassles with problems for the daily commuters. Making transport more affordable and convenient, the PML-N proposed initiating a groundbreaking project of Karachi Bus service. Later, renamed as Karachi Breeze in 2016. Red line Metro Bus is also one of these projects.

According to one research, only 42% of the commuters can benefit from public transport in Karachi. At the same time, the remaining 58% of the commuters deprives of affordable and convenient transportation services due to the insufficiency of transport facilities in Karachi.

RED LINE METRO BUS

A series of metro bus line projects were launched, catering to the requirements of the daily commuters in Karachi. The PML-N government proposed and initiated the Green Metro Bus Line project in 2016. The Redline metro bus is a part of this mega project.

Let’s discuss the redline metro bus service in more depth that will cater to the requirements of the daily commuters! Before that, check this PSL 7 to watch all matches in Karachi.

RED LINE METRO BUS KARACHI

Red Line Bus service in Karachi is a part of a king-size project of Karachi Breeze. Karachi Breeze is a mass transit system to connect the major arteries of the Metropolitan and to resolve the congested traffic roads.

Based on the government’s green initiative, the premier sustainable project received massive funding from the UN Green Climate Fund. Fueled by the biomethane renewable gas with zero carbon emissions. This great initiative would help the government solve the traffic problems on the one hand. Besides, it would help the government achieve the sustainable goals of reducing Green House Gases (GHGs) in the central industrial hub of Pakistan.

KARACHI BREEZE

Karachi Breeze is a mass transit project that began in 2016 with the Green Metro bus line project. However, this project was extended further in different periods to add more transport projects.

Currently, five transportation projects have become a crucial part of this project. For example, this massive project has included the Green Line, Yellow Line, Orange Line, Blue Line, and Redline projects. The work on Red Line Project began in 2021, expected to complete by 2022.

This project is hailed by many stakeholders nationally and worldwide as it will help them combat environmental concerns and support many daily commuters in the metropolitan.

RED LINE BRT KARACHI ROUTE MAP

Redline bus project route will have two corridors. One corridor starts from Malir Halt to Numaish Numaish Chowrangi. Another Corridor will begin from Numaish Chowrangi, extending to the Tower. With 16 Metro stations, this distance between each metro line will be 1 Kilometer.

Moreover, the plantation of 25,000 trees is a part of this eco-friendly project. The 29-km long red line bus route will have 24 metro bus stops, allowing the local buses to enter and exit specific points.

Moreover, this extensive Red line project will provide access to the major road networks like ten overhead bridges, seven underpasses and thirteen key interchanges.

This outstanding project is one of the most exemplary urban development projects. The integrated road network is expected to facilitate local transport with dedicated lanes for bicyclists, local buses, footpaths and sidewalks. Moreover,  parks, street lights, and other facilities for an ideal urban road and transport infrastructure.

RED LINE METRO BUS FINANCES

Redline metro transit project is a public-private partnership program. Moreover, it’s a mixed program where national and international organizations construct this project.

Interestingly, Karachi BRT Red Line project is the first project worldwide to receive assistance worth 235 million from the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The estimated total approved cost of this project is  at 7 billion dollars.

On the other hand, United Nations Green Climate Fund, Agency France For Development, and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank will provide funding for this one-of-a-kind urban development project in the coastal city of Pakistan.

COMPLETION OF REDLINE METRO BUS

The work on the Redline metro bus started in 2020. However, the work on the project will complete in 2022, connecting with the Green Metro bus line, one of the other four metro bus lines. The Green bus line launched recently in December last year.

The Redline mtero bus project completion will provide relief to the citizens of Karachi as it has an expected ridership of 300,000 every day.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Once the Red metro line bus project is complete, it will help the citizens of Karachi to commute conveniently to the significant industrial, educational and tourist spots. Moreover, it will be the first step towards zero carbon emission. On the other hand, this mega project will help make transport more affordable.