Digital Power of Attorney has facilitated overseas Pakistanis investing in Pakistan. They can now appoint a person as their legal Power of Attorney (PoA) who can buy, sell or lease their property on their behalf.
In this blog, we will discuss the process of appointing a digital Power of Attorney for Overseas Pakistanis. This guideline will provide valuable information for those living abroad who wish to invest in real estate in Pakistan. So, let’s start our informative discussion!
Digital Power Of Attorney
Digital Power of Attorney allows Overseas Pakistanis to carry out their legal tasks on their behalf. However, certain precautions and legal documents must be considered when selecting a Power of Attorney.
Before this, the foreign Pakistanis had to visit Pakistan or the Pakistan embassy to appoint a Power of Attorney (POA).
However, it has become quite convenient for them to nominate a person who can handle or manage their legal affairs in Pakistan on their behalf.
Digital Power of Attorney with NADRA
NADRA has facilitated the overseas Pakistanis, and they can apply for appointing the Power of Attorney in Pakistan digitally. They have the follow these steps to do it conveniently and securely:
- Visit the official website of NADRA: https://poa.nadra.gov.pk/.
- Create an Account with a valid Email address.
- You will get an Authentication code and verify your email address.
- After the verification, proceed with the POA portal.
- Add details of Applicant, two Witnesses, and Attorney along with their pictures and CNICs.
- Upload Original Power of Attorney (Duly Signed by the Executor and with thumb impressions) in a scanned form.
- Upload scanned copies of an affidavit if required.
- Upload Scanned Copies of Original Power of Attorney with signature and thumb impressions of executants(s) and witnesses and attach photos of the executants.
Power of Attorney Attested Documents
The relevant authorities will attest the documents, and then you can get him registered in your residing country. The following documents the potential POA needs to be certified:
- Application form.
- Copies of the Overseas Pakistani CNIC and that of the witnesses.
- Every page of Power of Attorney needs to be attested.
- His original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) with copies.
- His original passport with a copy.
- The original power of attorney with copies
- Submit the processing fee as a postal money order or bank cheque.
- Two recent passport-size photographs affixed on power of attorney. It must be attached next to signatures.
- Download the fingerprint forms, and place your fingerprints. And upload the scanned fingerprints of the applicants and two of those witnesses.
- After the biometric verification, make a payment via debit/credit card.
- After the payment verification, an online interview will be scheduled
- After an online interview with Consular Pakistan and your witnesses, the Pakistan Mission abroad will make a final decision.
- Upon approval, provide your final consent within 15 days of the approval by Consular Pakistan.
- Then, you will print the application receipt covering all the details on the Applicant, application ID, witnesses, and the attorney.
- Dispatch this receipt along with the attorney documents and details.
- The attorney can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) upon receiving the documents from the Applicant.
- The attorney can proceed with the activities prescribed by the Applicant on his behalf.
Manual Power of Attorney Attestation Process
For this, they have to meet the criteria after completing the following documents:
- The consulate/Embassy of Pakistan will complete the Attestation of the POA in Pakistan
- Complete the Registration of the POA in Pakistan
The first step is to attest the potential Power of Attorney (POA) at the respective embassy of Pakistan or the Consulate of Pakistan in the country where the Pakistani national is residing.
For example, suppose you are living in the United States and wish to appoint a Power of Attorney in Pakistan for buying, selling, or leasing your property in Pakistan. In that case, the person can attest his documents from the Consulate General of Pakistan in the USA.
Registration of the POA in Pakistan
Now, you can get the Power of Attorney letter and follow these steps:
- Get the original power of attorney
- Get it attested with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- CNIC and its copies.
- Register the letter with the registrar in District Courts
- Get its attested Copy
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that overseas Pakistanis can conveniently and efficiently appoint an attorney in Pakistan conveniently and efficiently. The government of Pakistan has made the process hassle-free and stress-free. They can invest in Pakistan property without wasting any time and unnecessary challenges.
Digital Power of Attorney (POA) via NADRA requires the attestation of certain documents. You can invest, buy or sell properties by appointing an attorney in Pakistan.
For this, you can hire the services of a lawyer to draft a power of attorney letter and other legal requirements to avoid any scams and fraud.
Are you looking for profitable investment opportunities in Pakistan? Why not invest in AAA Octa, a project by AAA Associates, to earn the highest returns on your investment? Don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email.