Roshan digital account is an initiative of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP). Now, overseas Pakistanis have the biggest investment opportunities in Pakistan. There are millions of investors who can empower Pakistan’s economy.
For this purpose, Roshan Digital Account will help them to make direct investment in Pakistan. Because there are many overseas Pakistanis living abroad but they want to invest in Pakistan and keep savings while increasing their returns.
So, they find easy investments in real estate. Overseas Pakistanis can get access to Roshan’s digital account from all over the world and are facilitated by its services. Eight commercial banks are working for the Roshan Digital account in Pakistan.
Moreover, these banks offer the valid digital procedure for opening an account, operations, and payments without the hassle of physical visits or submitting hard copies of documents
Now, it is easier for overseas Pakistanis to invest in Pakistan via opening an account and investing in different schemes launched by the government such as Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme. Most overseas Pakistanis prefer stock market investment services and real estate investment services. For this purpose, overseas have to link their accounts with the Roshan Digital account.
Recently, eight commercial banks are working on Roshan’s digital account. A list of all these banks is given below:
- Samba Bank
- Faisal Bank
- Meezan Bank
- Muslim Commercial Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- United Bank Limited
- Habib Bank Limited
- Bank Alflah
How to Open a Roshan Digital Account
Following is the smooth and convenient process of opening a Roshan Digital Account.
- While opening an account all partnered banks run a trail, there is consensus about how to open a Roshan digital account and which documents are required for opening an account.
- All banks mentioned above provide their customer with an application form to fill in basic details.
- Submit all digital copies of documents along with the application form.
- After submitting the form, the bank will take two business days and come contact you and update you about the current status of the application. Further, it will ask for more details, if needed, and ask for the verification.
- Probably, you will get a call from a bank representative for verification.
- Then you get the confirmation email, you can transfer money into the account.
Eligibility & Criteria
To open a Roshan Digital Account, the following criteria need to be fulfilled.
- Roshan digital account can be opened by individuals who are 18 or above and
- Government posted abroad
- POC holders (including foreigners)
Required Documents for Roshan Digital Account
The following documents are required to open a Roshan Digital Account. Missing any of these documents may deter your application, delaying the procedure.
- For opening an account, you need to submit all the given documents with the requirements.
- Scanned Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP), or Pakistan Origin Card (POC).
- Proof of being NRP (including scanned copies with entry or exit stamps).
- Proof of salary or income (including salary slip, tax returns, etc).
- Recent photographs.
- Scanned signature on a white page.
Features of Roshan Digital Account
Following is the list of all key features for using the Roshan Digital account conveniently and smoothly.
- Overseas can open their account in US Dollars ($) as well as Pakistani Rupees (PKR).
- Have benefits to open their account within two business days.
- Remotely open and operate the account.
- No minimum balance requirements.
- Have access to conventional bank services, including funds transfer and bill payments.
- Use of virtual debit cards in foreign and domestic.
- Real-time currency conversion rates for payments.
- The repatriable account where funds can be transferred abroad without any regulatory approvals.
The government has announced the investment schemes for Overseas Pakistanis Definitely; these schemes are profitable for millions of overseas Pakistanis. Such as:
- Government-backed saving instruments.
- Fixed deposit products are offered by banks.
- Pakistani Stock Market and Share Holders.
- Residential and commercial real estate.
So, we can say Roshan Digital Account brought an opportunity for millions of overseas Pakistanis to invest in Pakistan and take advantage of all lucrative real estate housing & commercial schemes.
Overseas don’t need to indulge in any kind of hassle. Instead, they can virtually open an account with just a few clicks, ensuring all the documentation is complete and they are eligible to open an account in Pakistan.